PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT Personality is the sum total of ways in which an individual reacts and interacts with others. Or Personality...
Positive Leadership: A Philosophy of Life Successful leadership principle: Desire, Decision, Faith, Persistence, the mastermind and or...
Importance of Positive Attitude “The greatest discovery of my generation is human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitu...
Principles of Success Ø Develop definiteness of Purpose Ø Establish Mastermind Alliance Ø Assemble an attractive Personality Ø Use Appl...
SELF CONFIDENCE If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can’t, you are right. Self confidence is the inne...
PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT Personality is the sum total of ways in which an individual reacts and interacts with others. Or Personality...
IDEAS RULE THE WORLD
A mind that is stretched to a new idea….
Never return to its original dimension.
"Ideas rule world; and, as men’s minds will receive new ideas, laying aside the old and effete, the world will advance: mighty revolutions will spring from them; creeds and even powers will crumble before their onward march crushed by the irresistible force. It will be just as impossible to resist their influx, when the time comes, as to stay the progress of the tide."
An idea is a specific thought or concept that arises in the mind of a person as a result of thinking. It is the divine inspiration of the God. Ideas are the fountain and source of the world’s treasury of wisdom. The ideas of those who lived before us rule our lives today. Ideas have always been vital in arousing public opinion and bringing about a reform-whether it was the freedom struggle or the eradication of a social evil. Theosophical ideas have the ability to change the inner nature of man and have the power to transform beast into human, human into divine man.
The four letter word ‘idea’ has great potential and it has immense powers surrounding it. As thoughts fleet over the filter of logical reasoning, idea would percolate and gradually crystallize into a clear screen of clear vision enabling the man to look through problems and to judge issues judiciously. It is this mind-boggling strength of ideas which facilitates our decision-making. Ideas give confidence to face this competitive world. It is the idea which makes all the difference between floating and sinking of a person’s fortune in this competitive world. Like radar which guides the ship in the vast ocean, idea gives us the direction to proceed and the goal to attain. It is that magical key which unlocks all the closed doors, solves all our queries and enables us to achieve our desired goals. No wonder it is this power of idea that is shaping the dreams of life and guiding the course of human civilization.
Ideas rule the world and thoughts rule your life. Whatever you think, that you become. If you think yourselves weak, weak you will be; if you think yourselves strong, strong you will be. The remedy of weakness is not brooding over weakness, but thinking of strength. It is your idea which moulds your destiny. Believe in the power of idea to change things Banish all self-doubts, resentment, guilt complex and you will find strength, vitality, joy and success come rushing in and literally flooding you with superb achievements. Sooner or later, one who wins is the one who thinks and believes he can. “Great ideas and convictions are the mother of great deeds”.
Success starts with an idea. When nourished with hope and confidence and encouraged by ambition and aspiration, that single idea takes shape as a dream, vision, and goal in stages. You must allow your ideas to grow, no matter how farfetched or nonconformist they may seem in the beginning. You must give wings to you ideas and let them fly high. You must allow your thoughts to take root, no matter how others regard them. Many great ones, whom the world today worships with awe and wonder as gifted visionaries, super geniuses or miracle-makers, were viewed as utopians or mental defunct by several of their contemporaries. While some may describe your ideas an imagination and vision, others may dub them as sheer daydreams and idle fantasies. But the fact remains that ideas, however strange, unorthodox or heretic they might have seemed at the start, have ultimately wrought miracles, brought revolutions and built civilization.
Every idea worth considering. Most ideas are worthy of action. The most tragic waste is the waste of a good idea. I ask you now “Is there some great idea in your life that you have still have not dealt affirmatively ?”
A far more important question is this : How do you treat ideas ?
Treat the ideas like new born babies :
Treat them tenderly,
They can get killed pretty quickly.
Treat them gently,
They can be bruised in infancy.
Treat them respectfully,
They could be most valuable things
that ever came into your life.
Treat them protectively ….
Don’t let them get away.
Treat them nutritionally….
Feed them and feed them well.
Treat them antiseptically….
Don’t let them get infected with the germs of negative thought.
Treat them responsively,
Respond; Act ; Do something with them.
To achieve results even the most brilliant ideas should be translated into action by systematic, sustained and dedicated effort. Without effort, our ideas will gather dust, get rusted and go to waste. The success stories of great men illustrate that they used intelligence and industry in equal measure to gain their coveted goals.
Ideas rule the world and they primarily emanate from poets and philosophers, from mystics and occultists. These great ideas make most suitable foundations. Once their efficacy is experienced in application by an individual he leaves behind the world of chaos and strife and begins to glimpse a world of order, understanding and peace. Right ideas and right philosophy is the dire need of our age.
Strong idea is an outcome of strong faith in oneself and spiritual strength. In the times of trial, when darkness and despair surround you, when failure confronts you, when sorrow prevails, when life appears meaningless-it is that strong idea and conviction which illuminates yours life with a ray of hope. It is this strength of idea which instills an urge to live life in this fullest form and not merely survive. It’s the idea which helps us attain a state of bliss and satisfaction. Ideas bring light and enlightenment which help to dispel darkness, eliminate prejudices and cobwebs of superstition. They also lead sooner or later to the emergence of truth. Ideas in fact, are mightier than armies, that is, why ideologies and convictions have achieved more victories than horseman and chariots. By providing inspiration, ideas work through the arms and vigour of brave men. The man strongly possessed of an idea is the master of all who are uncertain and wavering. Clear, deep living convictions rule the world.
Today, the people who reach the zenith are no exceptions. It is the only through their day-to-day ideas acquired through knowledge and perseverance which makes them exceptional and only these exceptions claim respect and status in society which is nothing but ‘power’.
It has been seen from time immemorial that a knowledgeable person commands respect. In the Court of Akbar, Birbal acquired a supreme position because of his ides and intelligence. Even Chanakya was an excellent administrator and with his administrative ideas as an astute political. He was instrumental in overthrowing the rule of Nanda Dynasty and installing Chandragupta Maurya as the ruler of the state. Indeed, idea commands power, position and prestige.
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, President and father of India’s Missile Technology, has made India feel so proud and nuclear self-sufficient. This is all because of his ideas. Dr. Hargobind Khorana was credited with deciphering genetic code, and it was a major landmark in the story of Genetics. The ideas in the field of computer has today revolutionized the entire world. It is the idea and knowledge of Microsoft supremo Bill Gates, which has made him the most powerful, respectable and richest person in the world.
Not only in the world of science, the worth and power of ideas cannot be underestimated in any other sphere whether it is stock market or sports. Share markets provide an excellent opportunity for investors to make a quick back, but here only a few investors who have proper ideas and knowledge of the game earn handsome profits whereas other with little knowledge are likely to lose. Even in sports, some sports personalities excel over others. Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupathi, Sania Mirza,Viswanathan Anand, Kapil Dev, Sachin Tendulkar, to name a few, are world renowned players. They have achieved greater heights which their seniors, though having more of the game, could not. This is primarily due to greater interest, determination, intense knowledge and perfect idea of the game. Before a game is actually played in the field, it has to be played in the mind. Only a correct strategy, well organized mind demarcates a winner from a loser. Because of their ideas and expertise, such players are ruling the world of sports.
It was the spiritual ideas of Gautam Buddha which led Ashoka to abjure the path of bloodshed and adopt non-violence or Ahimsa. Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Vivekananda acquired knowledge and ideas through long hours of meditation and due to this people not only from entire India, but from many parts of the world, followed their teachings and worshipped them like God.
Ideas verify rule the world, and also the minds of men; they contribute to continuing changes, shape as well as determine the destiny of human beings and contribute to the growth of civilizations. Every great and grand accomplishment, whether relating to religion, science, medicine, industry of technology, which are written in letters of gold in the history of human advancement, was in the first instance, no more than a mere idea in the mind of a human being, be he a man or women, Reversed religious texts, great classics, magnificent monuments, astonishing scientific discoveries, earthshaking inventions, fantastic technological feats like splitting the atom, heart transplant, humans walking on the Moon, unraveling the secrets of Mars - have all hand only ‘ideas’ at their starting points.
BE POSSIBILITY THINKER… LOOK EVERY IDEA AS PROSPECT.
Possibility thinker looks at every idea to see if it has possibilities. If it does, he takes an option out on the idea. He does not let it slip by.
Ideas are the fruits of our thinking. But they have got to be harnessed and put to work to have value. Very few ideas become successful as they are highly perishable. If you were not on guard, the squirrels (-ve thinking people) will destroy most of these. Ideas require special handling as mentioned above until they are transformed into practical ways of doing things better.
USE THREE WAYS TO HARNESS AND DEVELOP YOUR IDEAS
NEVER THROW AN IDEA JUST BECAUSE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE, GIVE IT A CHANCE......
- Write down every ideas come to your mind : Everyday lots of good ideas are born only to die quickly because they aren’t nailed to paper. Memory is a weak slave when itcomes ot preserving and nurturing brand new ideas. Carry a note book or some small card with you all the time, when you get an idea, write it down. People with firtile and creative mind know a good idea may sprout any time, any place. Don’t let ideas escape, else you destroy the fruits of your thinking.
- Next- review your Ideas : File these ideas in an active file. The file can be an elaborate cabinet or it can be a desk drawer. A show box will do. But build a file and then examine your store house of ideas regularly. As you go over your ideas some may for very good reason have no value at all. Get rid of these. But so long as the idea has any promise, keep it.
- Cultivate and Fertilise your ideas : Now make you ideas grow. Think about it. Tie the ideas to related ideas. Read anything you can find which is in any way is akin to your ideas. Investigate form all angles. Then when the time is ripe put it to work for yourself, your job, your future.
- Never reject a possibility because you see something wrong with it
- Never reject a possibility because you would not get the credit :Don’t worry about getting the credit. If you do, you will become ego-involved in the decision making moments of life. Decisions must never be based on ego needs.
- Never reject an idea because it is impossible :Almost every great idea is impossible when it is first born. The great idea today are yet impossible. Possibility thinker take great ideas and turn the impossibilities into possibilities. That is the progress. The important issue is whether the idea is good one.Would it help people who are hurting ? would it be a great thing for our country and our world ? If so develop a way to achieve what today is impossible.
- Never reject a possibility because your mind is already made up : People who never change their mind either perfect of stubborn. I am not perfect neither you are.
- Never reject an idea because it is illegal : You might be able to get the law changed.
- Never reject an idea because you don’t have the money, manpower, muscles or months to achieve it : A supersuccessful person has very few resources, except the capacity to take an idea and marshal stronger and smarter people around him to pull it off.
- Never reject an idea because it will create conflict : To reject an idea because it may generate conflict is to ‘Surrender leadership to friends or foe.
- Never reject an idea because it is not your way of doing things : Learn to accommodate. Prepare to compromise. Plan to adjust. Maintain a balance between the tension of an opportunity that demand exploitation and the limitation of resources available at the moment. Learn to be equilibristic. Readjust your budget. Compromise your taste. Accommodate your life style. It is more important to succeed than it is to snobbishly adhere to your private taste.
- Never reject an idea because it might fail : There is risk in everything. One thing world needs more than anything else today is possibility thinking. Success is never certain and failure is never final
- You never reject an idea because there is some risks involved : You isolate the risk, insulate it, and eventually eliminate it.
- Never reject an idea because it is sure to succeed :- All the fellow spiritual / religious people who say, "I should not try to be successful. I am not trying for top ladder. That is vanity. That is materialistic."
I must say that is not true, to choose poverty instead of prosperity, failure instead of success, low achievement instead of top ladder achievement, simply for the sake of being humble is not super religious. It is dumb.
Only successful people help people who are failing. Only winners will survive to give food to the hungry.